Thursday, July 30, 2009

Day 37 Harpers Ferry to Dyersville


57/2293/1570 Another great weather day, cool start under blue skies. Follow the great rivers route for the first 15 miles then thru historic town of Westgate on the river. Lots of old hotels and taverns . Leaving town I get chased down by a big male bull mastiff. He is an experience chaser as he runs 3o degrees ahead of me and catches me easily that way. He is all bark, growl and slobber but he doesn't try to bite me, I shout NO many times and he ends up standing in the road as I try to sprint away uphill.....I glance over my shoulder and see his doghouse, looks like a pile of bike parts and maybe a human femur with black lycra still on the bone. Lucky to get away with no injuries. Hilly short day into Dyersville, and I plan to visit the bike shop, but it closed a while ago, oh well.....We do a Country restraunt lunch and then a sub for dinner and get a redbox dvd movie to watch on the Laptop for a treat. We are so sick of commercials and air wave TV, even cable at motels is very limited to old movies with lots of commercials. We are spoiled by our TIVO recorder and without it we are reading a lot more rather than watch the poor programming on regular tv.

No comments:

Post a Comment