Thursday, July 23, 2009

Day 32 Battle Lake to Royalton


93/1983/2070 Another beautiful day on the road. Clear skies and a light wind on the way out of town. Continue to follow the Otter tail scenic byway trough rolling hills, lakes and farms. Pass one farm and get drenched in the smell of strawberries, no question what this crop is.....

I rest at mile 31 gas and grocery stop and chat with the local telephone repair guy. He welcomes me to Minnesota and I am glad I don't' have to pay by the minute ......very chatty. Meet Suz at Long Prairie and we do a BK Whopper lunch, no mayo, then on to Little falls. Not too far and we get a detour due to construction. Takes us way out of the way and I get chased by a farm dog for the first time in days. The dog catches me by surprise in the "worst case scenario" .......going uphill, but I have enough momentum to outrun him before the hill slows me down too much. All the motels in Little Falls are booked, so we head south to a RV park and van camp for the night. Nice place but lots of flies and it is hot in the sun. We have Internet but not a good connection so we do just emails and I finally beat Suz at Rummy. Leftover sandwiches for dinner and an early night at dark. Storms keep us up and we are still killing the flies that invaded the van in the morning. Tomorrow will be the halfway mileage day going into Cambridge and hope the storms let up by morning. Nice campground, they have tubing on the lakes, gooney golf, horseshoes, pool, soccer and baseball feilds.

No comments:

Post a Comment