Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Da y 17 Missoula to Lincoln Montana


We meet for breakfast after loading the van with our stuff. John mentions that Eli's map has a shorter route than the map that I bought at Adventure Cycle, so I go up to his room and yes it is a shorter route by 300 miles, so.....we go back to Adventure with the group and get the new map, then have a our pictures taken. Bob has a flat that we discover on the group picture, then wait for the repair and leave around 9:30 a heading east. The crew will go north at jct 83 about 450 miles up. John wants a coffee and the group sees a car wash to wash their bikes, so I say my last goodbyes and head east alone. I ride to Trixies at Ovalada about 50 miles up the road and have a great lunch in a converted barn, that contains a bar, pool tables, tables and lots of stuffed moose, deer and Elk. I continue on for another 25 miles and just 7 miles outside of Lincoln our great weather goes south and I have a heavy shower and temps that drop from 82 to 62 and a stiff headwind. Suz is waiting in Lincoln and we find a great little cabin with kitchenette for the cheap and relax and shower. Then into the Ponder-rosa grill and a great dinner. They have the paper and we update on the Tour de France, Lance is now in second place. The waitress gives me a small American Flag to put on the back of my bike and chats with us about our journey, we also get the website of a local wood carver who had littered the restaurant with very interesting wood carvings of gargoyles, angels and other folk. They were really very good carvings, so if affordable I may order one for the house once home. Back to the cabin and the sauna , then a good night sleep after updating email and blog.


Early start tomorrow, it is about 100 miles into Great Falls, so I'll see how close I get.........


Jim, Suz and Beau

No comments:

Post a Comment