Monday, July 6, 2009

Day 13 Long Park to Wilderness Gateway


57 miles. Another beautiful day, and another big breakfast at the Sakejewa lodge up the road. I can hardly finish my short stack and will have to start cutting back on the amount that I eat if we don't increase the mileage to compensate. Since we have decided to leave the group in Missoula and make our way along the Northern then South to the Trans America route , I will shed the panniers as I know now I will not be camping with tent and sleeping bag, so I can pick up the pace to 70-75 or more miles per day. That will save us approximately 30 days over our current pace depending on the total mileage. It was mostly downhill along the Clearwater and Lochsa rivers today, so pretty easy day. I get into the campsite at 11:30a and we read and nap in the shade and wait for the crew to show up. Tonight we all eat sandwiches and leftovers as there is no food stop for 25 miles in either direction. Bob does not show for over an hour later so John and I jump into the van and ride back to where we find Eli and no Bob. Turns out he was in a different part of the camp when we left. Early night tonight, everyone wants to leave early tomorrow to crest the Lolo pass before it gets too hot.


Jim Suz and Beau

No comments:

Post a Comment