Saturday, August 8, 2009

Day 42 Kokomo to Portland Ia


82/2865/1101 Good nights sleep till 6a for a change. We are back to Eastern time now, dark till 6a so Beau is out of sinc for his 5am drill. Too busy at motel breakfast, entire local softball team is consuming the few bagels and muffins so I stop at McD's for a value meal burrito and senior coffee and some quiet and the local newspaper. Local MD is getting sued with the hospital for not being licensed to do vascular surgery and the patient died, well, well local headlines. Nice quiet ride until Hartford city where I hit a road detour. It takes me 7 miles to the north and keeps on going so I make a left on a county road on my map and keep it to just 14 miles out of the way. Lots of dogs today, 3 boxers almost catch me, the white one did not want to give up, 28 mph for at least a mile, tired me out. Strong headwind last 7 miles so glad to be in Portland. Considered going on to next city, but the headwind has changed my mind for today. Longer day tomorrow to Dayton, but will leave a little earlier and it should be quiet on the roads as it is Sunday and even the motor bikers sleep in so I have the road to myself for first few hours. Some Nasty kids today shouted and threw something, only the third negative human encounter so far. Almost everyone else has been friendly , interested and supportive.

No comments:

Post a Comment